Creamy & Comforting risotto with fall veggies!
This ☕ meal friends! It’s the perfect fall comfort food heaven in a bowl. Now finally it’s starting to cool down a bit here and now all I can think of is comforting bowls of my favorite meals, my favorite throw, that favorite spot on my favorite couch and my laptop! And my coffee too! All favorites ?
The first ever risotto I made was this butternut squash risotto which was amazing but as you can see horribly documented. I mean who leaves only a link to a recipe without giving a proper step by step recipe?! Yes that would be me from 2013. Feels like ages have passed!
But anyways since I love love eating risotto but don’t make it enough, I thought to play around with that recipe and give it some life. So here we are with fresh photos, a fresh recipe made totally from scratch and with my 2 favorite ingredients : Butternut Squash & Kale!
Kale haters, WAIT!! You can replace kale by spinach or green peas or asparagus. Just endless possibilities. So before you think of closing this page down, I suggest you to calm down and read on ?
Yeah Jerry gets sort of annoyed when he is stressed and the best possible reply I give him is RELAX. That drives him nuts!! On a different note as I am myself a very hyper sort of soul, so lately I have been trying to incorporate some yoga in my workout and I am feeling a lot better! Atleast it keeps me calm through half of the day and I work like a normal person but after that as soon as the yoga effect wears off, I am myself – stressed, trying to juggle hundred of things at once and then failing at them miserably at the same time! Every. Single.Day. How do you guys keep your stress levels in check?! I would love to know how do you manage your lives/work effectively?
But in those days, I have this delicious RISOTTO that is the creamiest, best tasting risotto ever! Buttery caramelised squash, finely chopped kale, wine & stock cooked rice, few spices and cheese is what turns this into a delicious comforting meal.And now time for a big glass of wine + this ???
You know you want this!
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves,chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup arborio rice
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2.5 - 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- In a pot, warm up vegetable stock and keep it aside.
- Now in another pan, add butter. To it add butternut squash and add salt & pepper. Cook until its fully cooked and a bit caramelised. Transfer it to a plate.
- Now to the same pot, add olive oil. Once warm, add garlic and onion and saute for few minutes. To it add rice and stir it around for 2-3 minutes. No add wine and cook it by stirring continously until wine is all absorbed. Now add ½ cup vegetable stock at a time and keep stirring. Once the liquid is absorbed, add another ½ cup. I ended up adding almost 2.5 cups of water by the time my rice was al dente.
- Now once you find that rice is al dente that is cooked but still has a little bite to it, add salt, pepper,thyme, butter, cheese and mix.
- Now add squash, kale and stir it around. If it feels too thick, add another ½ cup of water. Cook on low and taste and adjust seasonings.
- **Make sure you keep the gas on medium to medium-low.
More Pasta Recipes: