We moved. Finally. Last few days or should I say weeks were particularly hectic. We were packing day and night, taking care of all the dues, making sure we don’t miss out anything . With most of our belongings packed into a uhaul box and the remaining packed in our car, we left for a 15 hour drive. Do you find moving as hard as I do or is it just crazy me speaking? During all this crazy madness,we were feeding our bellies with the best our city offered as we knew in our hearts that it might be the last time here. I still remember the taste of fresh cut oven baked mushrooms in my vegetable fajita quesadilla, the mouth watering panang curry with spicy curry fried rice along with the perfect sticky rice with coconut ice cream dessert you could dream of.
Food connects us in so many ways. Along with impacting our lives, it instills our minds with memories which we remember. I still remember what I had on my first ever St.Patrics day in Chicago and that makes me remember how I met one of my best friends of all time. Memories make me nostalgic.
Today’s recipe is the first cocktail drink on this website. I know. I enjoy drinking cocktails and it came to me as a surprise when I realised that there is no cocktail recipe here. This Cranberry cocktail is perfect for the holiday season. You can serve it easily on thanksgiving or Christmas or you can keep some in your refrigerator and serve to unexpected guests.
- ¼ cup natural cane sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 Tbsp cranberry juice
- 4 Tbsp vodka ( If you prefer less alcohol, you can scale down the amount of vodka)
- 1 Tbsp ginger sugar syrup or more/less per taste
- Ginger ale
- Lots of ice
- few lime/ lemon wedges
- To make syrup, simmer all three ingredients in a pot for 3 - 5 mins while stirring frequently. Take it off the heat and let it sit for few more minutes before straining ginger. Keep the syrup aside. This will make enough syrup good for 2 - 3 drinks.
- In a shaker or jug, add ginger sugar syrup along with cranberry juice and vodka. Shake it until completely mixed.
- Fill up a tall glass with lots of ice and lime wedge. Pour the mix from shaker and fill it up with ginger ale. Enjoy.
More Drink Recipes: