A super simple but packed with tons of flavors – this Easy Date Night Roasted Garlic pasta With Homemade Chili Oil is super easy to make with most of the ingredients which you might already have on hand!
Date night has went out of the window since Covid but actually since having Aria, it’s been really hard to get out of the house – just the 2 of us. So somedays when we want to catch up on life, have adult talk ( I am mostly interacting with a 3 year old all day long so somedays I long for a good meaningful adult conversation!), watch a movie together which is not a cartoon movie! (yes that’s parenthood), I have been making this pasta as we absolutely love this.
If she ends up going to sleep early, we will quickly make this pasta, sit infront of TV and watch something or just relax and chitchat.
This pasta came to existence as one day while making white sauce for pasta, I added few spoons of Ronak’s Chili Oil and it turned out so good that Ronak was like I should make this white sauce with chili oil only from now on. Then after making it for few of our family members and all of them going crazy over it, I decided it’s high time that I share it here with you guys! My mom ( Ronak’s mom) has already been telling me that I need to have it on the blog as she made it back home in Florida and they all loved it!
If you have still not made Ronak’s Garlic chili oil, you must get on board since it’s seriously so addicting. And it’s keeps getting spicier and so much more tastier the longer it rests, ours has been marinating for almost a month or so now and it’s so good right now.
For those of you without Ronak’s Chili Oil at home, I made this using an on the spot chili oil which turned out really good too, so I have included instructions to make this Roasted Garlic Pasta sauce both ways .
So go ahead & give this a try! If you make these or any other recipe from our blog, do tag us by using#naivecookcooks on Instagram.
- ½ Pound ( 8 oz / 227 gms ) pasta of your choice, cooked as per box instructions
- ½ cup pasta water
- 1.5 head of garlic, roasted ( This POSTexplains how to Roast garlic)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil (If you have homemade Ronak's Chili Oil, then use that instead)
- *If not using Ronak's Chili Oil then you will also need - 3 dry Red Chilies and 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes*
- 1.5 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk ( You can use whole milk or skim milk)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese plus extra for garnishing
- Salt & BP
- Boil pasta as per package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water & drain and add little oil and stir it around just so pasta doesn't stick together while you make sauce.
- Once garlic is roasted, pop the garlic cloves out of their skin and place all in a bowl. Smash using back of your fork until it turns into almost a paste consistency. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add oil and butter. If you are using Ronak's Chili Oil, you won't need to add Dry red chili pepper and red chili flakes as I am going to mention in the next step.
- Once butter is melted, add broked dry red chili pepper and red chili flakes if YOU ARE NOT USING RONAK'S CHILI OIL.
- Once it starts to sizzle, add flour to make roux. Cook on medium high flame until raw smell of flour goes away. Add 3 tbsp roasted garlic paste and cook for 30 secs more. Then slowly add heavy cream starting with little at a time and mixing constantly. Then add milk along with reserved ½ cup pasta water.
- Let it simmer. Meanwhile grate your parmesan cheese. Add cheese along with salt & black pepper to the sauce. Taste and add more Ronak's chili oil if using. Once the sauce thickens to your desired consistency, add pasta and mix until everything is well mixed. Give a taste test again and Voila! You just made the MOST DELICIOUS ROASTED GARLIC PASTA WITH HOMEMADE CHILI OIL.
- Serve with some garlic bread and a salad!
Some things I have used in making this pasta ->>