Incredibly moist and fluffy, flavored with orange juice and tart cranberries, perfect tea time treat all year round !
A super soft, Eggless cranberry orange cake which is perfect for anytime munching and a great gift for holidays! It’s almost mid September and I can feel the season change and can’t wait for all the festivities to begin. In India we are just few weeks short of celebrating Diwali and in US soon it will be halloween time!
This cake by dearest Kaveri is another of her superb creations and I can’t wait to bake one for tea time myself!
- All Purpose flour/Maida – 1 ½ cups
- Baking Powder –1 ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Greek Yogurt/Hung curd – ¾ cup
- Vegetable Oil – 6 tbsp
- Castor sugar – ¾ cup
- Orange juice – ½ cup (use fresh or packaged)
- Orange Zest – 1 tsp (optional)
- Chopped cranberries - ¼ cup
- Few chopped pistachios for garnishing (optional)
- Powdered sugar/Icing sugar - 5 tbsp
- Orange juice - 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 170 C. Grease a 7 inch loaf tin with butter and sprinkle some flour over it.
- In a bowl sieve together maida, baking powder, baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar and yogurt until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the orange juice, oil and orange zest and mix until incorporated.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients but do not overmix.
- Coat the chopped cranberries with some flour and add to the batter. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick in the middle of the cake if done.
- Cool the cake in pan for 15-20 minutes before taking it out and then cool completely on the wire rack.
- To make the glaze: Mix the powdered/icing sugar with the juice until it forms a thick consistency but is still easy to pour. Add sugar/juice to adjust consistency as required. Pour over the cake.
- Rest the cake for 20-25 minutes in fridge before slicing for clean slices, as the cake is very moist and soft.
Some more Tea time treats ->>