A super easy 30 min Haluski – Stir Fried Cabbage & Noodles you can throw together in a jiffy with egg noodles, crispy cabbage and onions. I can eat this pasta every day!
1st day of October, friends! It was just summer recently and now here we are just 2 months and 24 days away from Christmas! I feel scared and great at the same time as I don’t want this season to end too soon! We came back from India 3 days ago and in between settling, I realised it’s been a pretty long time since I posted! See India has that effect on me – I get SUPER LAZY!! 😛 All I did while in India was DO NOTHING, ate to my heart’s content all the things I had been missing and took lots of long naps! BLISS.
Before I left, one day while I was craving pasta, I also wanted something different. Not the usual pasta but something different. While going through Pinterest for ideas, I came across this super easy stir fried pasta dish from Poland that needs just few ingredients. I gave it a try and I was hooked! For me the combination of lots of soft wilted cabbage, onions and egg noddles with a good amount of cheese did the job!
This PASTA friends, is a must try! You can totally skip bacon and make it vegetarian if you want! I ate almost half of it while cooking it. A really easy, 30 min dinner that I am sure everyone will go for seconds!
- 4 oz egg noddles (~115 gms)
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- ½ cabbage, boiled and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced (If you have small onions, then slice 1-2 onions)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
- Place a pot with water and bring it to boil. Add ½ head of cabbage and boil for few minutes. Gently take out the cabbage and once cool to handle, chop into slices.
- Keep it aside. Meanwhile in the same water, boil egg noodles as per package directions.
- While noodles are boiling, take a skillet and add oil. To it add onions and cabbage along with salt and pepper. Add garlic powder. Stir it around until onions are cooked and cabbage gets slightly crispy.
- Now add the cooked egg noodles and stir.
- Serve garnished with romano cheese and crumbled bacon if using.
Some more easy PASTA recipes ->>