Refreshing limeade made with fresh blackberries & mint. Easy summer drink!
Summer can’t get better! I am all about desserts & drinks these days as, well, let’s be honest summer produce is the best time to get creative and make tons of delicious colorful food. I mean seriously, these days, I have been going grocery shopping almost every. single. day as every day I find an excuse to run to my favorite store and end up bringing all sorts of fruits and vegetables home! And cherries! Bags & bags of cherries.
Are you also going through cherry obsession lately? I am loving those deep dark cherries and it seems that I can’t get enough. Juicy plump, these are one of the best cherries I have eaten after a very long time. Apart from cherries, blackberries are becoming my newest favorite fruit. I was never into eating blackberries raw but now I am eating handfuls of them every now & then. So GOOD.
If you love blackberries+ summer + refreshing drinks = then this is for you!! Super simple limeade made with just 5 ingredients and that includes basics like water & sugar. It’s non alcoholic but you can totally add some booze in here to get the party going. I would suggest you to make a large pitcher and chill in refrigerator until serving time. It tastes really great with pizza nights! Just saying.
Double, triple, as you wish!
Help in spreading the word!
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blackberries
- 12-15 mint leaves plus extra for garnishing
- 5 tbsp white sugar
- 1.5 cups water, divided
- Juice of 1-2 limes as per taste
- In a pot, bring blackberries, mint leaves, sugar & 1 cup water to a boil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and the blackberries start to break apart. Using a wooden spoon smash the blackberries & mint and let it cool. Strain it discarding the solids.
- To it add remaining ½ cup water & lime juice. If you feel lot of more water evaporated during cooking, you can little more water.
- Stir it all around and taste for sweetness & tang.
- At this point, if you want, you can cover it and let it chill in refrigerator.
- Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnish with some fresh mint leaves and lime slices.
- Enjoy immediately!