These Chicken Kebabs Patties are super flavorful and perfect for keeping your healthy resolutions intact. Packed with cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, lentils and loads of other spices and very little oil, these are a tasty addition to your dinner!
These Chicken Kebab Patties!
Yes, you can make super delicious kebabs without a grill in the convenience of your cozy warm home kitchen on a skillet. This is something I have been dreaming about for sometime now. I grew up eating or should I say receiving lots of good flavorful chicken kebabs from my dad’s friends places.
They knew me and my brother were big meat lovers so whenever they would make these, they made sure to drop us a box of these warm fresh kebabs sometimes made from lamb or chicken. Since I moved to US, I have been wanting to try them as they are my absolute favorite when it comes to chicken kebabs. Recently my mother got hold of the recipe from my favorite aunt and since then I was just waiting for the right time to whip up a batch of these.
With my brother spending his vacations with us, I decided to give these a try as these are something we both grew up eating and are both of our favorite. Super flavorful, I mean there is seriously so much flavor that I feel sometimes even non meat eaters might like to give these a go. And did I tell you how healthy these are? There’s barely any oil used in cooking these.
These kebab patties are packed with ground chicken meat, lentils, onions, ginger,garlic and tons of other spices. You might have most of the ingredients in your pantry already apart from the obvious chicken/lamb, lentils (easily available at any supermarket).
These comes together in under an hour and are so so tasty that it will be hard to stop at just few! And remember to make some extra as they stay good for upto a few days when kept in an airtight container in refrigerator. These warm up beautifully in microwave or skillet. Serve them with some green salad, mint chutney or your favorite greens, over a bed of rice (one of my favorite way to eat), with Indian flatbread or just enjoy these plain. Your family will go nuts for these.
- 1 pound ground chicken meat (You can even use lamb)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped in big pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 12-15 cloves of garlic, just peeled
- 3 tbsp cumin seeds
- 15 whole peppercorn
- 2 big black cardamoms
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5-6 dry red chilies
- Salt to taste
- 150 gm split bengal gram(chana dal)
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- few tbsps oil for cooking
- Add all the ingredients except oil and flour in a pot and to it add 1 cup water. Cook mixing frequently until all the water is evaporated and meat is cooked through. Chicken mince will be almost white. Once all the water has evaporated, keep it aside.
- Add this cooked mix in a high speed blender and blend until you get a smooth paste like consistency.
- Transfer it to a bowl and to it add 3 tbsp all purpose flour or any other flour just so they bind super tight. For making these completely gluten free, you can use gluten free flour.
- Roll them into desired size patties.
- Heat a tsp of oil on a skillet and once hot, place the patties. Once they are crispy flip and repeat cooking on the other side until crispy.
They taste amazing as an appetizer or snack too with chilled beer.
More Simple and Tasty Recipes: