How was weekend friends? Mine wasn’t too great as i made hummus but looked for pita bread everywhere and it seemed that it was some sort of evil force ( i know it sounds funny ! ) but no grocery store had pita bread yesterday . So we ended up buying pocket thin flatbread which made even the not so bad hummus taste weird lol..!
Well I had a packet of quinoa for God knows how long, i suppose a month or so but i have been struggling to find a recipe that would suit us…well finally today i decided to give it a try and was looking for a good recipe when I tumbled across “Soni’s food for thought” and tried her recipe for Indian Spiced Quinoa Patties. I have done some changes according to my taste.
- ½ cup Quinoa
- ¼ cup Green peas
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Salt- to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2-4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2-4 tbsp water
- Rinse quinoa properly with water. Add around 1.5 cups water and green peas and let it boil.
- Once it starts boiling,lower the flame and let it simmer covered for next 10-15 minutes until quinoa absorbs the water and quinoa is cooked.
- In a bowl, mix flour with water. To it add cooked quinoa and peas, all the rest of the ingredients except oil.
- Now roll the mixture into small round balls . Flatten them using your palms and keep aside.
- Heat a skillet with some oil and place the patties on top.
- Cook and brush with some oil on top of each patties and flip. Cook on medium - low gas until nice crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve them hot with ketchup or hot sauce.
Some more appetizers ->>