Easy Overnight Coconut Apple Oatmeal that you can just pop up in the oven in the morning for a delicious, comforting breakfast your family will enjoy!
Are you guys relaxing?!! Last day of the long weekend & I am all excited to get back to the daily routine! With kids being in school and days getting cooler, it’s all about easy make-ahead delicious comforting meals that involves minimal work! I have recently started to experience the joy of make ahead meals– you know the sort, you get everything prepped up a night before and in the morning you relax with a cup of coffee or tea and the breakfast gets ready by itself in the oven!
This oatmeal! So I prepped up everything for it last night and today I simply popped it in a preheated oven for 45 mins and tadaa warm, comforting fall breakfast was ready and no work was needed on my part!! How cool is that! I know these kind of meals are really helpful for people with kids or if you are having guests over or simply if you have tons to do and no time to devote to cooking an elaborate meal!
This baked coconut apple oatmeal has all the fall flavors : juicy apples, coconut milk, loads of cinnamon, brown sugar & raisins make this such a comforting breakfast option! I like to make a big batch and enjoy the leftovers over the week for breakfast!Seriously delicious with cold milk or vanilla yogurt or my favorite : coconut yogurt!
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- ¾ cup oats ( Any kind) ( I used old fashioned oats)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 3 tbsp water + 1 tbsp powdered flaxseeds (OR replace this with 1 egg)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil or butter (optional)
- Grease a medium sized baking pan. Add in all the dry ingredients : apples,oats, salt, cinnamon, raisins and sugar and stir them around. In another small bowl make your flax egg by mixing 3 tbsps water with 1 tbsp flaxseed powder.and letting it sit for good 10-12 mins. If you want in place of flax egg you can simply use 1 egg. Now in another big bowl, add all the wet ingredients : coconut milk, vanilla extract, oil and flax egg or egg and stir. Add wet mix to the dry mix and stir so everything is combined. Cover with aluminium foil and let it sit in fridge overnight. Before breakfast time, preheat oven to 350F and cook it uncovered for 40-45 mins until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Serve warm or at room temperature with lots of milk or vanilla yogurt and your favorite toppings!
Some more delicious breakfast ideas?