Cheesy Jalapeno & Corn Garlic Bread makes for an easy yet impressive side to any dish or serve along with drinks for an evening snack!
Let’s talk about this Garlic Bread today. Don’t mistake this for a regular simple garlic bread.
This one has tons of flavors, loads of cheese, corn and jalapenos for a nice spicy kick. I was introduced to this garlic bread when I was dating my husband and every time we would get off work, this used to be our favorite place to go. A small place in the heart of the city but their garlic bread was one of the best!
And I feel I can’t think of what else to write since I posted this post few hours back and then my website crashed!! Lately we have been thinking of moving to another hosting server and this week Bluehost made sure that we do! Their service has been horrible, our site crashed multiple times and there were times we were up until 4 in the morning trying to get it up and running! So friends huge sorry if you were trying to access the site but were unable to! We are hoping to be able to solve the issue soon. So hang on tight!
Ok so now back to this dreamy cheesy goodness that is this Cheesy Jalapeno & Corn Garlic Bread. Its a perfect side to any meal or makes for an even better appetizer when served with some drinks. We enjoyed this over the weekend and I froze a bunch for coming weekend again to serve with my 30 min Broccoli pasta.
So grab the ingredients!
Follow along for a lot more delicious treats and life happenings on INSTAGRAM ||FACEBOOK||PINTEREST ||TWITTER ||GOOGLE+ || BLOGLOVIN
- 2.5 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 3-4 fat garlic cloves, chopped fine
- Salt t o taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Pinch of rosemary
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp green chili paste (optional but great if you like spicy)
- 8-10 French bread slices or your choice of bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn, boiled
- 1 jalapeno, chopped fine
- Extra red chili flakes
- Pre heat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl melt butter. To it add oil, chopped garlic, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, rosemary, basil, green chili paste and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now lay bread slices on a parchment paper or aluminium foil lined baking sheet. Spread this mix over each slice. Cover the baking tray with aluminium foil tightly and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop jalapenos. Put corn in a bowl and add some water so it is covered with water. Boil in microwave for 2-4 minutes until soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Once bread is done, take it out of oven and add both cheese, jalapenos and corn on each bread slice. Add some red chili flakes if you want. Bake again uncovered for good 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
1. You can also freeze these. I cook them all the way and then keep them in freezer arranged in a single line on a plate or try for 30-60 minutes until they are cooled completely. Then I wrap them tightly in aluminium foil and plastic wrap and store in freezer! When you need the, just thaw them in fridge for sometime and then bake ion a baking sheet arranged in single layer & covered tightly at 350F until warmed through and cheese is melted. You can even add little bit more cheese before putting in oven!
And this will go perfectly with these Garlic Breads ->
marcie saysFebruary 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM
This french bread looks so good! You can never go wrong with cheese, jalapenos, and corn with side of carbs! haha
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:59 AM
Carbs for the win!! I am so bad at restricting myself when it comes to eating carbs Marcie! Give me all the carbs anytime! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Amanda saysFebruary 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Wow, this garlic bread has a lot of awesome things going on. I love the spicy jalapeño on it, and I never would have thought to put corn on garlic bread. It looks great!
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:47 AM
Thanks a lot Amanda! Hope you give this a try 🙂
Puja Darshan saysFebruary 11, 2016 at 9:22 PM
I am always in love with Garlic Bread. It’s so tempting and I feel like gobbling up everyone of those pieces that I see. 🙂
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM
I am the same Puja! Give me all the garlic bread, I can easily make a meal out of it!! Hope you give this a try and thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice saysFebruary 12, 2016 at 5:51 AM
Mmm I can see why this would become a favorite garlic bread! Looks SO good, Aimee! I love the corn and jalapenos on here. Sounds like it gives this a perfect amount of flavor!
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:46 AM
Thanks Gayle! Yes it’s our favorite and seriously corn & jalapeno make it taste so much better than regular garlic bread and it’s so addicting! Hope you have a relaxing weekend friend!
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary saysFebruary 12, 2016 at 7:09 AM
Not to be mean to blue host, but I left them a while ago and I couldn’t be happier! I use media temple and while they are a bit more expensive, their costumer service is FANTASTIC! Hope you sort out your problem, because I know how frustrating and annoying that is!
Anyways, BREAD! This looks fantastic, Aimee!!! I looove the combo of corn and jalapeno, but on some cheesy garlic bread?! GAHHHHHH – neeeeeeed this! You say this bread is a side… I say hand it over so I can make it my entire meal! 😉 LOVE it! Cheers, girlfriend!
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM
Haha girl thank you so much love! Yes it’s such a headache, we are looking into others and hopefully “fingers crossed” soon we should be on another hosting service!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend friend 🙂
Manali @ CookWithManali saysFebruary 12, 2016 at 12:09 PM
The bread looks fantastic Ami, the combination is delicious! Sorry to hear about your server issues, I have never used Blue Host but I haven’t heard good things about them! Hope you find a better one soon, I use Liquid Web and they are good! I hardly have any issues!
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:38 AM
Thanks Manali! I am looking into others so soon this headache should be gone 🙂 Hope you have a relaxing weekend girlfriend!
Ping liu saysFebruary 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM
I will try tocook it! It should be wonderful!
Muna Kenny saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 5:16 AM
Delicious! This is the perfect snack for me 🙂
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Thanks a lot Muna! And your nutella Chocolate cake is on my to try list!!
Monica saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 5:37 AM
What a delicious twist on garlic bread! Love it. Looks so bright and vibrant. Never would have thought of this combo but makes perfect sense. I love anything with corn for a pop of sweetness with the spice here.
naivecookcooks saysFebruary 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Monica It’s our favorite kind of garlic bread here! Isn’t it fun when you load it up with cheese and some veggies?! Veggies make it a bit less guilty, right?! 😉