Dangerously Crispy Nacho Chicken Wings that are baked & have all the goodness of Nachos & Fried Wings!
Are you excited about Superbowl? Even if you are not excited about the big game, you MUST or SHOULD be atleast excited about all the food! I have been hearing our friends make plans for the super bowl and I have been having a hard time deciding what I want to cook for game day! Few days back I baked these
and first of all these chicken wings taste as if they are fried! Always a good thing in my book and then as if that was not enough, we drench them with cheese and all the nacho fixings.
I am almost 99% sure that I want to take these but then I am thinking of this dip and I think I might make both instead!What are you planning for this weekend? Even if your weekend plans include watching game or not, these Nacho Chicken Wings should be on your menu!
- 2 pounds chicken wings, cleaned
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2.5 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Few tbsps of your favorite hot sauce
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips, crushed
- Few tbsp of oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Extra's : Tomato Salsa, Picked jalapenos, olives, cilantro, green onion, tomato
- In a bowl, transfer all the cleaned chicken wings.
- In another small bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Using a spoon add all the flour mix to the wings.
- Using tongs, move the wings around slowly but carefully so each and every wing gets coated with flour mix.
- Now use either a roasting pan with a rack or adjust an oven safe rack on top of a lined baking sheet. I like lining up the baking sheet or the roasting pan so it's much easier to clean.
- Using tongs or hands, Adjust all the flour coated chicken wings on top of the rack and let them chill in refrigerator for 10 -15 mins.
- Meanwhile break egg in a shallow bowl and add salt, pepper and hot sauce to it. Stir until evenly mixed.
- In another plate, keep the crushed tortilla chips.
- Now take flour coated wings one at a time, drench them in egg mix and then in crushed tortilla chips. Make sure they are nicely coated with tortilla chips. Keep them on the baking rack.
- Preheat oven to 420F.Drizzle the wings with 1 tbsp olive oil .Bake for good 30-40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Flip the wings and again drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake for another 30 minutes or so until golden crispy.
- Add shredded cheese generously on top of the wings and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lots of salsa for dipping and sprinkle chopped tomato, jalapeno pieces, cilantro, green onion on top!
- Grab a cold beer & enjoy!
Some more Game Day recipes ->>