These 15 minutes start to finish “Guinness” Chocolate Pudding cups are the perfect way to celebrate a boozy St.Patrick’s day or just anyday!
Chocolate + Booze = Best combination ever.
This goes without saying that Irish holiday and Guinness go hand in hand and I am the person who is always looking to sneak in some booze to pastas, waffles or ice cream or just about anything! I still clearly remember my first St.Patricks day in Chicago. Us with a group of friends started bar hopping way early in the day and as you can imagine by midnight we were wayyy tired. Drunk? Yes but I felt after walking all day from one bar to other, my legs suffered the most and once in bed that night all I could think of was how I am not going to do this again. Ever. It was one torturous night but was tons of fun with good friends.
This year with a lot going on we are staying inside and celebrating with an early boozy dessert. There is nothing to not like about this pudding actually. If you love chocolate pudding then boozy chocolate pudding is way better.
Start to finish it takes 15 minutes to come together and then rest is waiting. But if you are the sort of person who enjoys warm chocolate puddings then do it without any guilt. But I suggest chilling them in refrigerator for good 3-5 hours or overnight so they set completely. Topping them with something salty? YES that’s so 2015!
Crushed pretzels on top of chocolate puddings are like a match made in heaven and I realized that I loved the combination so much that I kept on adding more pretzels on top of every bite. But that’s me : CRAZY PRETZEL LADY. I bought this huge pretzel bag from Krogers and it was gone in a week. I mean I am still trying to figure out how did that happen??? You might have guessed by know how much I love pretzels because remember this??
Sharing is Caring, remember those wise words?!!
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 pinches salt (around ⅛ tsp)
- ¾ cup full fat milk (whole milk)
- ¾ cup Guinness (Draught)
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate + ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate ( or chocolate of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter
- Some crushed pretzels for topping
- In a pot, add sugar, cornstarch and salt and stir. To this add milk, beer and yolks. Put it on a low-medium heat gas and keep stirring it continuously for good 8-10 minutes until thick or consistency of a pudding.
- Turn the gas off and add chocolate, vanilla extract and butter and stir until evenly mixed. Transfer to desired bowls. Cover and chill in refrigerator for good 3-5 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving top with crushed pretzels.
More Pudding Recipes: