Thank you Safeway & Albertsons for sponsoring this post. Check out the new Signature family of brands from Safeway and Albertsons, with more than 4,000 Signature products available and a 100% money-back guarantee.
Easy Dummy Proof Chicken Curry that tastes as good as the one from your favorite restaurant! Go ahead this won’t disappoint!
Let’s do dummy proof recipes today!! You know when nothing turns out right & it feels like you have no say & when nothing seems like working in the kitchen zone. I am not sure about you but I do have those days & those days are horrible. Since this is my day & night job in true sense, it gets depressing when I get one after other recipe fails!
We both love chicken curry but until now I always thought that it’s really hard to master. Recently I received a bunch of products to try from the NEW Signature line, available exclusively at Safeway which includes more than 4,000 items – from coffee to juice, soup to cereal, fresh produce to fried chicken, and delicious prepared foods to trusted home staples – all with a 100% money back guarantee. So I knew I had to try something delicious, something that reminds of me of growing up days!
Growing up I remember eating chicken curry with my grand father. So let’s go ahead and see how this goes!
I was sent a fun package which felt like a loot 🙂
It’s a really simple one pot meal! The night before or few hours I like to marinate chicken with all the spices. Then when I am ready, I saute chilies and onions in oil.
Once cooked I add tomato puree and cook until cooked through. Then the marinated chicken is added and let the chicken drumsticks & gravy simmer for 30-40 mins until chicken is fully cooked and gravy is nice and thick! That’s it!!
Safeway invites shoppers to join in the conversation by sharing Signature stories, photos and videos online using #MySignatureMoments.
I also have a giveaway for you friends!
It ends on May 13th so HURRY UP!!
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks ( I had around 5 )
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4-5 slit green chilies
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2.5 cups tomato puree
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for marinating chicken. In a ziplock bag, add chicken drumsticks along with ingredients for marinating chicken.
- Let it sit in fridge for 6 hrs to overnight.
- In a deep pot add oil. Once hot add chilies and onions and cook until onions are softened. Add tomato puree and cook for 7-10 minutes until raw smell is gone. Add the marinated chicken along with all the marinade and cook on medium-low for 30 minutes. Once chicken drumsticks are cooked, take them out of the gravy and keep aside. Thicken the gravy a little bit more and taste and adjust spices as per taste.
- Serve along with chapatis, naan or rice!
Some MORE dinner recipes ->>
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.