Weather in Merrillville is going worse day by day. For starters, sun decided not to show even a tidbit glimpse to us poor Merrillville people for last few days. Secondly last few days, it has been raining almost non stop. Thirdly but I think this is the worst, I hate my neighbor. I do. They say it is an inappropriate thing to say but how can you tolerate a neighbor who’s music is so loud that sometimes at night I wake up thinking I heard someone breaking our house.
I had complained or you can say I tried showing him my anger which to my disgrace looked more of a sorry look on my part for disturbing him. I am so bad at these things. First let me make it clear that getting him to realise that someone is knocking on his door for like hours is not an easy task at all. Sometimes I feel sorry for him.
The days being awfully gloomy, dark and wet here and on top being blasted by loud music all the time, I decided to bake pizza and bread pudding for dinner. I have become a master at pizza making if I may say so myself ( I sound like Pyrgopolynices, if you are aware of the Greek play Alazon, where out of the three characters Pyrgopolynices is the boastful kind. He boasts of accomplishments while in reality he is far from those. I might be sounding like that right now. But trust me dear friends this pizza is good!)
Bread pudding, I don’t even want to think about it as it was a disaster and I used the wrong kind of bread and we couldn’t feel any flavor apart from feeling like we are eating baked bread). I will try better next time. I promise.
- 1 + ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 4 tsp milled flax seed powder
- 1 tsp salt or more according to taste
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 envelope or 2+1/4 tsp fast acting yeast
- Few red chili flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- First with a layer of pizza sauce
- Some cheddar cheese
- Veggies. Here I used onions, bell peppers and olives
- a thin layer of cheddar cheese on top
- Take ¾ cup of warm water and add yeast in it. Dissolve and let it sit for 5 mins.
- In a bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, flax seed powder, salt, sugar and chili flakes. Now add the yeast water mix in it along with olive oil and knead until it all comes together. If you feel it is too dry add water 1 tsp at a time. If it is too wet then add flour and make it into a ball. Knead it nicely for around a minute.
- Take a big bowl and coat it with olive oil. Take the dough ball and roll it around the bowl so it gets coated with oil and close the bowl with a plastic wrap. Let the dough sit in a warm draft free area for around an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Once it is ready, lightly flour the surface and knead it for 15 seconds. Break it into half. Roll out the dough as desired.
- Garnish it with desired toppings and bake in a preheated oven (420F) for 10-12 mins.
More Healthy Recipes: