Always wanted to make your own homemade pasta?! Now you can! This simple and easy Eggless Pasta Recipe requires just 3 ingredients!
Monday, let’s do it! This weekend I tried my hands at homemade pasta and I was surprised at how easy it is to make and how delicious it tasted!
Just 3 Ingredients is all you need to make pasta dough and then just go wild with the way you can shape your pasta! I tried wide noodles as that’s the easiest, duh and then made bowtie pasta (farfalle) and unlike how it fancy looks, it’s super easy!
And cooking homemade pasta is so so easy. It took me just 2-3 minutes to cook fresh homemade pasta which was also a big plus point!
So let’s jump in .
- ½ cup semolina (fine suji)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 6-7 tbsp water ( It will depend a lot on how humid your kitchen is)
- On a large surface, make a mound of both the flours. Mix the flours together and then make a well in the center. Keep adding 1 tbsp water at a time and covering with water but try to keep a well shape so water doesn't run out.
- Knead the dough well for 5-6 minutes until supple and elastic. It will bounce back when you poke the dough with your finger.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Now divide the dough in half and the dough which you are not working on cover with a moist cloth.
- Roll out the dough to a thin sort of like paper thickness by keeping the surface well floured at all times.
- Now you can either cut into thin strips.
- OR if you want to make bowtie shape, cut the rolled out dough into 1"thick strips. Then using a ravili cutter which will give those famous frilled edges, cut out around 1" long pieces from that strip.
- Now place your index finger in the center of that piece and using thumb and middle finger, bring the two edges together and pinch. I saw a video on youtube which helped.
- Once ready shaping all the pasta dough, bring a pot of water to roaring boil. Add a generous amount of salt and then add the fresh pasta. It will take way less time to cook so keep an eye. Mine was cooked in 2-3 minutes max.
- Once fully cooked, drain and mix with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Some PASTA recipes you can make using this fresh pasta ->>