These pancakes are super soft & fluffy and filled with cinnamon flavors! Perfect when eaten with cream cheese glaze! It’s like eating a cinnamon roll!
Friends I got you something perfect for weekend ->> PANCAKES!! And that too that taste like eating a homemade cinnamon roll but so much less work 😉
A stack of these thick, soft, extra fluffy cinnamon pancakes with a thick cream cheese glaze and a big cup of coffee – sounds perfect for weekend brunch?!
Do you get overwhelmed before travelling ?! Tomorrow we are visiting family for the weekend and infront of me is a huge list of work related tasks I have yet to finish before I can even get to finding what to wear for the get together and pack a bag!!
Now I made these pancakes 4 times last night or should I say last midnight when normal people sleep?! I kept practicing them until I got what I was looking for. Now these are the softest, fluffiest pancakes I have ever made and that involves no eggs -even I was surprised when I got these right! And I wanted to make a simpler version of cinnamon rolls in pancake form and here it is.
Eating them fresh straight out of the skillet is mandatory and a THICK cream cheese glaze is not even an option! I like to add some bananas as well and then I enjoyed these with an extra large cup of coffee! So perfect.
So while I am off to finishing some more work, why don’t you get to these!
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ + ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk or more/less depending on how thick/thin you want the glaze to be
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients for pancake. In another bowl mix wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until completely mixed and batter is smooth.
- Heat a skillet. When hot, add a tsp of oil and spread it all over.
- Add ¼ cup of batter in the center and cook on medium heat. Once bubble starts to appear, flip and cook for a minute or two.
- Serve with cream cheese glaze!
- Cream cheese glaze :
- In a bowl mix butter and cream cheese using a hand blender until evenly mixed. To it add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
Cream cheese glaze can be made ahead and stored in fridge covered tightly.
Some more fun recipes ->>