Hope you guys had a fun filled Sunday. We were too worn out to go outside and so we decided to stay inside and just relax. We ended up watching lots and lots of TV, taking after breakfast naps (I totally forgot how amazing those naps used to be!) and indulging in lots and lots of food. I managed to do some reading after a while and it felt great.
We still have some more time to stay here and I miss my work space, my tools and most importantly those big giant super markets. I rarely find all the ingredients here for a particular recipe and it always ends up calling for substitutions. No regrets though. I have been trying to concentrate on learning more and more stove top & microwave based recipes and working on other projects.
This was our quick lunch last weekend and it was perfect in all sense. Even though potatoes weren’t baked, they tasted heavenly with cheese and baked beans and lots & lots of green onions. This is the perfect protein rich weekday or weekend meal when you are short on time or being lazy like me.
- 1 Sweet potato, med size
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp low fat sharp cheddar
- ½ cup Baked beans, Recipe HERE or use Heinz baked beans (If using canned, adjust salt, red chilli and sugar to taste)
- 1 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Dollop of thick greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Scrub the potato really well and clean with water. Poke holes inside the potato using a knife. Put the sweet potato in a ziplock and sprinkle little water to it. Put it inside the microwave and cook it on high for 2-3 minutes until soft. Take it out and let it cool down to touch. OR you can bake it in oven.
- Cut it open in half, be careful not to cut it all the way. Using a fork take out all the pulp from inside but keep it inside the skin only and to it add salt, black pepper, butter and cheese. Put it back in microwave for another minute. Mix all the ingredients inside using a fork and add hot baked beans. Garnish with green onions and yogurt if using. Serve.
More Healthy Recipes: