Delicious soft & chewy Homemade Gingerbread Men cookies are perfect for holidays!
It’s crazy busy fun holiday season and we hope that wherever you are, you are safe, happy, planning a great Christmas with your loved ones! Remember when I made those cute mini gingerbread houses sometime back, well I still had a lot of dough left in my freezer and I decided what better way but to make some homemade gingerbread men for holidays!
And to tell you the truth, these are the best gingerbread men cookies I have ever tasted. I always used to find them hard, flavorless and sort of not like a cookie at all! But these – >> these are soft, chewy, sweet and perfectly spiced with all the ginger & cinnamon. So delicious and dipped in warm cocoa or cold glass of milk – best after dinner treat ever! This week I have lot of recipes to share with you all with all delicious ideas for holidays but I would be keeping it short and sweet as well everyone is busy and nobody really has the time to read all of my stories!
** Did you take part in the HAMILTON BEACH GIVEAWAY going on right now (It ends in TONIGHT)!! Click on this link and scroll all the way down, just before comments there is a box, enter your details and you will be entered to win a HAND MIXER just in time for all the holiday baking!**
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup light molasses
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 - 2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water or more as needed
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or if doing by hand in a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda. Once it's all smooth, add flour and water and stir to make it into a smooth dough.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and chill them in refrigerator for 30 mins or so. At this point, you can even freeze it for upto a month and just thaw at room temperature for few hours before making cookies.
- Keep it aside.
- Now preheat oven to 350F.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and while you work on first part, keep the other dough part wrapped in refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to ¼" thickness on a floured surface. Using your gingerbread men cookie cutter, cut shapes and then transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes or until golden but not overly cooked. You want them to be just enough cooked so centers are soft & chewy!
Gingergread men recipe adapted from HERE.
More Christmas Dessert Recipes: